Sunday, December 4, 2011

Zip...Zipper Away....

I have decided to make some coin purses, belts with bags and other "short" totes to carry coins, cards, phones and any other small devices one chooses to carry. I was thinking of making my purses in fabric and ultra suede, add beads, charms and other embellishments. I am thinking of using buttons and velcro for closures but am also thinking of putting in zippers. The only problem is...I have not sewn in a zipper in over twenty...that's 20...odd years.

Okay...so I am a lazy seamstress. I try to avoid making anything with a zipper and rarely do I put in button holes or buttons. I like elastic...(rave on)...or buttons loops.

So I get out one of my machines and find the zipper foot...gosh...it does look strange. I manage to connect it to the machine with almost no problems. Went searching for the box of zippers which was well hidden behind a tightly stacked shelf of fabric. I next went in search of "how to sew a zipper" on the internet.

Well...after practicing for half an hour I did manage to sew one in with not to bad results....

Not perfect but getting there.......

More practice is needed but I know I can do it....

No comments: