Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy New Year!

Last time I posted I was getting ready to do a craft show....my second show ever. What a lot of work!

The show itself was a learning experience...more good than bad. The most important thing is that I loved it and will do it again.

Some things I have learned...
*Always make too much and remember to bring everything...ran out of scarves and boas the first day! Had a customer offer to drive me home to get more...don't know whether she was serious or not.

*Bring stuff that you don't particularly like but maybe someone else would...did not have enough of these items.

*Always have business cards ready to hand out...had to make some quick cards on the puter overnight.

*Be more organized...saves time and stress.

*Start making items at least six months in advance...a must!! Saves time and stress.

*Make a list of what items to make and stick to it...no adding more stuff until you finish with your list...saves time and stress.

*Make sure to have someone to help you out...for breaks and helping with sales...someone who will be as enthusiast as yourself. Had the help but...the enthusiasm...


This show was also the first introduction to my gift baskets. I did not sale any of them but I did get some referrals...and...was asked if I might be interested in doing a child only show at a later date.

Here are a few pics of my baby baskets. I also made some knitted cotton baby washcloths and burp pads.

The empty space on the table was
because I had just sold some wash-
cloths.







Overall the experience was a good one. Although the show did not pull in the numbers as promised...(very low)..I did make sales. Sales were not as good as I would have liked but the people who did come...came to buy.

To sum it all up...I enjoyed myself immensely and would love to do another show...soon!

No comments: